Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Declaring Repentance

Hi Everyone!

Ok, all of my life, when we would celebrate Mother´s Day and Father´s Day, I would always ask, "How come there´s no kid´s day?" And my parents would always tell me "Every day is kids day." Lies. There is a real kids day. All of Mexico celebrated it this past week. We had a really nice primary/ward activity to celebrate it. There is most definitely a kids day.

Anyways, I hope you have all had a fantastic week. My week had its share of ups and downs. You may have noticed that I haven´t really been writing about any of my investigators lately. That´s because we have lost the majority of our investigators. It´s been very sad to lose these people that I care so much for. But I have the hope that even if they don´t receive the gospel now, they may in the future. The seed is there now, and I just hope and pray that they will always remember how they felt when we bore our testimonies to them.

Even though we´re a little low on people to teach, we are still working very hard. We are in finding mode right now. I don´t know how much time I have left here in Cumbria, but when I leave it, I want to leave it progressing and stronger than it was before. And I want to leave the missionaries here with plenty of people to work with. 

Quick miracle for you all: We almost never have phone service, so often when we need to make important calls, we use the public phone right by our house. One morning this week I was making a bunch of calls and no one was answering, but the phone wasn´t returning my 5 pesos, so I was spending a lot of money trying to make these calls. Well that night, when we went to the phone to say that we had returned to our casa, the district leader didn´t answer right at first. But the phone returned my pesos this time, and what more, when I reached down to grab them, I found all of the other pesos I had spent that morning. I got the exact amount back. That was a nice, if somewhat less spiritual, miracle.

This week I have been studying a lot about repentance. In a zone training we had a couple of weeks ago, our mission president said something that really stuck with me. We need to understand thoroughly repentance. We need to study it and understand it and live it. We need to have personal experiences with the Atonement of Jesus Christ every week, every day, or how can we possible help other people to repent? As a missionary, I am here in Mexico with the purpose to "declare repentance," but how can I do that if I don´t personally understand what that means? I don´t have much time today, and I still have a lot to learn, but next week, I hope to share a little bit more with you all.

Have a wonderful week! I love and pray for you all!
Hermana Herron 

1 comment:

  1. Another great letter! I think the public phone story is a good one!

    ReplyDelete