Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A Baptism!

Hi Everyone!

So, I might hit my 6 month mark this Wednesday.... but I´m still telling everyone that I only have 5 months in the mission. I can still say that for two more days. 
Things are going well here in La Aurora. I´m starting to be able to find my way around without getting too lost. In some places in this area, I can see Lunaparc, the mall that was in the corner of my last area. I´m really not that far away, but it is completely different here. 

We realized this week that a large percentage of our conversos recientes are menos activos ahora. That´s kinda a problem. Like President Hinckley said, there is absolutely no point in doing missionary work if we can´t hold on to the fruits of that work. 

Ok, big news, we had a baptism on Saturday, Ramses. His wife and two daughters were baptized in April, and now the whole family is members. They are all so happy. During the baptism the face of Hermana Lucy, the wife of Ramses, was just glowing. 

Photos! Going backwards in time: 1. from the baptism of Ramses 2. Hermana Rito´s birthday was on Friday, and we had some cake, Mexican style 3. Me and Hermana Bingham. The Binghams are the senior couple that work in the offices, and we were best buddies while I was in Mira Azul. 4. Me and Hermana Loyola and Paty, an investigator in Mira Azul, in her little boutique. I´ll tell you all a story about her friend Angie next week when I (hopefully) have more time. 

Love you all, have a great week!
Hermana Herron


No comments:

Post a Comment