Tuesday, February 2, 2016

I´m loving life as a missionary in Mexico!

Hey everyone!

Ok, fun fact. Here in Cuatitlan Izcalli, we are at an altitude of over 8,000 feet. No wonder I get so out of breath during exercise.

We lost our water for a few days this week. That was fun. Not just us, all of Cuatitlan was without water. I´m still not exactly sure why. 

So I thought I would describe my schedule for those of you who aren´t already familiar with the missionary schedule.
Every morning we wake up and are out of bed by 6:30. We exercise for half an hour, eat breakfast, shower, and get ready for the day. Then at 8:00 we start studying. We have an hour of personal study, an hour of study together as a companionship, another hour of study together that is a special training program for me, since I´m new, and finally another hour of language study. We leave the casa at noon and start proselyting. We spend a lot of time in lessons with investigators, less-active members, and recent converts, but we also spend a lot of time walking around looking for people. We usually have comida with members around 2 or 3. We finally retrun home at 9:00 at night, plan for the next day, and then are in bed by 10:30, every night. And that´s how life goes for me. Some days are different. We have district meeting every Wednesday morning andchurch every Sunday. Mondays are our Dias de Preparacion, so from 10 to 6 we have time to buy food, email, clean the casa, wash clothes (by hand) and all that. 

Not too much happened this week that was really exciting. Sorry if this is a kinda boring email this week. 

I do have one thought that I want to share though. It´s something that one of my teachers in the CCM pointed out, but that I have learned a lot more about since. So, we usually don´t hear words directly from our Heavenly Father. He speaks to us through the Holy Ghost, through prophets, through His Son Jesus Christ, but He usually doesn´t speak to His children directly, and when He does, it is usually to announce His Beloved Son. But in 2 Nephi 31 ( in the Book of Mormon) there are two verses that have words directly from the Father:
11 " And the Father said: Repent ye, repent ye, and be baptized in the name of My Beloved Son."
15 "And I [Nephi] heard a voice from the Father, saying: Yea, the words of my Beloved are true and faithful. He that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved."

If the Father is saying these words Himself, they must be pretty important. And I know that this message is important. We all must have faith, repent, be baptized, and then endure to the end. This is the Doctrine of Christ, and this is my whole purpose and message as a missionary, the why and what of my work here in Mexico. This is the most important message that I could every share with anyone. And I know that it is true. This is the path that will lead us back to our Heavenly Father someday.

I love and miss you all. Have a fantastic week!

Hermana Herron

No comments:

Post a Comment