Monday, February 15, 2016

Cambios and Combis

Hello everyone!

Well, I officially made it through my first cambio... uh, transfer. Each transfer is 6 weeks long. I`m going to be here for at least another six weeks with Hermana Gonzalez to finish my training, so no changes, but it is still a big landmark.

For Valentines Day, we made 26 paper roses for the women in the Relief Society in our ward. It was a lot of roses. But it was a lot of fun too. 

Fun fact, there is a form of public transportation here called a Combi. It is basically a van with some benches inside, and as many people as possible squeeze in together. I hate combis. I always feel carsick in them. But they are really good for contacting. This past week Hermana Gonzalez and I contacted an entire combi full of people. One of them ended up being a returned missionary, so I guess he didn`t count, but it was still exciting to contact that many people. 

So quick update on my Spanish. I still have trouble understanding most people, and my ability to speak is still very very very far from perfect, but I am learning a lot and getting a lot more comfortable with this language. Today I was practicing some English with Hermana Gonzalez (I help her study a little English every day) and as I was speaking in English, Spanish words kept coming out on accident. That was kinda scary, 

I hope you all know that I`m not here to learn Spanish though. I`m here because I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior, that His atonement is real, and that it really works in our lives. I know that because of what He suffered, He understands perfectly everything that we go through, all of our trials and triumphs, strengths and weaknesses. I have no idea how I could do this without both the cleansing and enabling power of the Atonement. 

I love you all, have a great week!
Hermana Herron

No comments:

Post a Comment