Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Our Heritage

Hi Everyone!

Well, this week Hermana Brady went home to Las Vegas, and Hermana Pérez and I are back to being just two, and it honestly feels really weird. Even though I was only in a trio for a few weeks, I really enjoyed it and I got used to it very quickly.

As usual, I have next to no time today, but I just wanted to share with you my testimony that I know that the same gospel that Jesus Christ taught and the same church that He established are on the earth again, and that they were restored through a prophet of God, Joseph Smith. 

This week I was reading a little in a book that all missionaries have called "Our Heritage," which is basically a small sketch of the restoration and history of the church. This week I was reading about Kirtland (yay Ohio) and I was really really impressed by the sacrifices that the early saints made and the faith they showed. Many of them gave up everything they had, including their lives, because of their faith. It really impacted me, because how many times have I complained for sickness (by the way I got sick to the stomach again on Saturday) or fallen appointments or people who reject us or cualquier little thing. I honestly don´t know if I would have been one of the strong, faithful, stalwart pioneers we always hear stories about, or if I would have been a little more like Laman and Lemuel. Maybe I´m not currently in the same kinds of circumstances, but reviewing those stories strengthened my resolve to be the best latter-day missionary that I can be. 

You´re invitation of the week for members is to ask the missionaries if any of their investigators are coming to church and to sit with those investigators in Sacrament Meeting. If you´re not a member of the church, your invitation of the week is to Pray with real intent to know God´s will for you, just as Joseph Smith did.
 
I love and miss you all! Have a wonderful week!
-Hermana Herron

No comments:

Post a Comment