Friday, January 15, 2016

I'm in the Field Now, Eek!



Hey everyone!

Sorry I didn´t write on Monday, my Pday was changed to Friday this week because we got to go to the temple again! In this mission we get to go twice a year, once in January, once in July. What a huge blessing that is.

Ok, my first area is called Mira Azul. It is tiny. And the mission offices are literally right here in the area. It seems to be a relatively rich area, but it is still very Mexican, which I love. I´ll try to send pictures next Pday. The last missionaries that were in the area were elders who spent half of the day working in the mission offices, so they didn´t have very much time to actually work the area. So, we are basically reopening the area. This has been a little difficult for me because we started out without many investigators or lessons. We basically have two investigators right now, Pilar y Martin. But they are golden, I love them so much. They´re going to be baptized this Saturday, so we are super super super excited about that. 

My first compañera, or my trainer, is Hermana Gonzalez. She is from Oaxaca Mexico, and she does not speak much English. Which is good, it´s forcing me to learn Spanish faster. She´s great though, and a great example for me of how to be a great, Spirit-led missionary.

Mexican Fun Fact of the week, all of the women greet each other by kissing each others cheeks, though we really just touch cheeks and making a kissing sound. And I am totally used to it now. It´s great. 

This first week has been really hard for me. Spanish is hard, missionary life is hard. But it´s worth it, and with the Savior and His atonement, it´s possible. Not only possible, it´s easy. Elder Holland gave a talk to some mission presidents about the atonement, in which he says that every missionary at some point asks why this work is so hard, and if there isn´t some other way. But we aren´t the first ones to ask that. The Savior also asked if His cup might not be removed, if there wasn´t some easier way. He suffered more than I will ever ever come close to, and because of that, He understands exactly, knows exactly how to help me. I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ, and that because of His Atonement, I will never have to do this work alone.

Love you all!
Hermana Herron

No comments:

Post a Comment