Tuesday, September 27, 2016

New Investigators

Hey everyone, ¿qué tal?

So first things first, I´ve learned the rest of the lyrics to "La Cucaracha"

La cucaracha, la cucaracha, ya no puede caminar
porque le falta, porque le falta, una pata para caminar.

It literally translates to "The cockroach, the cockroach can´t walk anymore. Because he doesn´t have, because he doesn´t have, a leg to walk with."

Next I´m hoping to learn "Popcorn Popping" in Spanish.

Well, this week was fun. I really like my new area. 

I promised I would tell you about some of our investigators, and I´ll start this week with Vanessa and Diego, and Bulmaro.

Vanessa and Diego are a young married couple and they are wonderful. They are practically already Mormons. They have a 7 year old son, and a 6 month old baby. They have a baptismal date for mid October, and they are progressing really really well. Vanessa has told us many times that she wants to get baptized, and that she and Diego have already talked about getting sealed in the temple. Diego is also ready to get baptized, he´s just a little harder to convince that he´s ready. He keeps telling us that he wants to be sure, that he doesn´t want to get baptized and then luego luego back out, that he wants to receive a sure answer. But then he always has questions for us about baptism. Last time we visited them, he said, "So, I saw someone in the chapel on Sunday in the bathroom, who was getting ready to get baptized. He had some kind of suit, but it was way way too big for him," Then he paused, and asked us with a totally straight face, "when I get baptized, can you get me something a little more sexy to be baptized in?" Vanessa and Diego are both golden, and we know that Diego will receive the sure answer that he wants in General Conference this weekend.

Speaking of which, general conference is this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you are all prayerfully preparing for this AMAZING opportunity we have. And if you didn´t get to see the women’s session this last Saturday, you can see it at www.lds.org.

Ok, and Bulmaro. Bulmaro is about 70 years old, completely blind, partly deaf, diabetic, and one of his legs was amputated. And he is also golden! He wants to get baptized, but because of his condition, it is very hard for him to attend church. But I can already see how the Lord is providing the way for Bulmaro to progress, it´s really quite amazing. 

Well, like I said, go watch conference this weekend. It´s Saturday and Sunday, 10am and 2pm mountain time both days. And I know that if you have a question, or a problem, if you don´t know what to do or what to believe, I can promise you that during the conference, the clarity will come. 

I love you all! I know I say that every week, but I say it because it´s true. Cuidense todos.

-Hermana Herron

No comments:

Post a Comment