Monday, June 13, 2016

Testimony

Hey everyone!

So, I don´t have too much time today, just enough for a quick fun fact and a testimony, but I´m doing great. We had interviews with Presidente Titensor (the mission president) this week, and I know every missionary in every mission in the world says this, but I have the greatest mission president in the world. He answered some of my prayers, and answered questions that I didn´t even ask, he´s just really in tune with the Spirit. And he expressed so much love that he and Hermana Titensor have for my compañera and I. 

So for the fun fact, when children in Mexico lose a tooth, it isn´t picked up and replaced with money by a tooth fairy, but a tooth mouse. 

I read this week the last testimony of Elder Bruce R McConkie, which he gave just two weeks before passing away, and I was really really moved by it. This is what he said: 
"As pertaining to Jesus Christ, I testify that He is the Son of the Living God and was crucified for the sins of the world. He is our Lord, our God, and our King. This I know of myself independent of any other person.
I am one of His witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in His hands and in His feet and shall wet His feet with my tears.
But I shall not know any better then than I know now that He is God´s Almighty Son, that He is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes in and through His atoning blood and in no other way."

I too know that Jesus Christ is the Creator and Savior of the world. I know He lived for us, died for us, and lives again for us. And like Elder McConkie, this isn´t just something I believe because it´s a nice doctrine and because I like this church. It is something I know. As an official representative of Jesus Christ, I testify to everyone of you that He is real, and He lives. He is the way and the truth and the life, and I declare it in His name. 

I love you all, and I pray for you all.
-Hermana Herron

No comments:

Post a Comment