Monday, April 11, 2016

Loving Those You Serve

Hi Everyone!

So for the fun fact this week, here is a list of some of the most important Spanish words that they never taught me in high school Spanish class:

pues - um, or well, or just a word to say when you don´t know what to say.
órale - an exclamation that means something along that lines of wow, fantastic, way to go, how awesome.
íjole - an exclamation that means just the opposite of órale, something like how awful.
andale - another exclamation, basically means keep going, that´s right
entonces - basically one of the most important words in all of Spanish. It means so, but can also be used like pues, you just say it when you don´t know what else to say.

To be continued....

This was a week of lots of ups and downs. It´s really amazing how a mission is like that. We lost some investigators, which broke my heart. But we also had some really amazing lessons with some investigators who are starting to progress, and I wouldn´t have traded those for anything. 

I don´t know how it happened, I don´t know how he did it, but Heavenly Father has given me a love for these people that I have met and taught in this area. It´s really weird, actually. I haven´t known any of them for more than 3 months, most of them I still struggle to communicate with, but this week, I have just felt so much love for so many people here. 

The mission is a crazy, hard, wonderful, beautiful thing. 

Hope you all have a great week, and that you´re reading your scriptures and praying every single day. 

Love and miss you all!
Hermana Herron 

No comments:

Post a Comment