Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Nayeli

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for not writing last week, I kind of ran out of time.

Quick news, I whistled for the first time in my life this week! It really wasn´t that impressive, but it was better than any whistle I´ve ever done before. 

This week was wonderful, because we had GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!  I love conference so much. I was particularly moved by President Monson´s simple testimony of the Book of Mormon. And his prophetic council is to study the Book of Mormon every day. I know that the Book of Mormon has a great power to it, I´ve felt it in my life and most especially in my mission. So, if you aren´t reading the Book of Mormon every day, follow the prophet and do it. 

I was also impressed by how many times they talked about "The Living Christ" and encouraged us to study it as well. 

I don´t know if I´ve told you about Nayeli yet. Nayeli was a former investigator who just kinda disappeared for a few months. She wouldn´t answer her phone and she was never home when we passed. Hermana Brady seemed to know her pretty well, but I didn´t meet her until two weeks ago when she showed up at church. She has really, um, recobrado ánimo, she´s really poniendo las pilas, um, well, she´s pretty excited now, she wants to be baptized, and she has a baptismal date for the end of the month. She also has a 7-year-old son and she wants him to serve a mission someday :) He´s adorable, he did an activity with us where we had to draw a picture, and then everyone else had to guess what it was. I drew the temple first, and everyone guessed that right, so then I drew a French horn, and no one guessed that. 

Well, if you didn´t see conference, please watch it here www.lds.org.
If you did see conference, review your notes, pray, and set some specific goals and plans (see Elder Ballard´s talk) to apply conference in your life.

I love you all!
-Hermana Herron 

No comments:

Post a Comment