Tuesday, March 14, 2017

New Investigators

Hi Everyone!

So I promised I would tell you about some of the families we have been finding recently. 

My time here in Arcos has been very interesting, because our investigator pool has been completely transformed in my time here. We have had to drop or have lost almost all of the investigators that we had when I got here about 2 months ago (have I really already been here for 2 months?!) and so we have really been exercising our faith to find new investigators, especially new families. And the Lord has been blessing us a lot. 

One family we have found is the Lopez family. We contacted the father in the street, and he invited us to visit his family. When we went to the first cita, he wasn´t there but his wife was, so we started talking with her. They have 2 adorable children, Diego and Kenya. And every member of the family has a different personality and a different level of openness. The father is very thoughtful and more than anything, wants to change. The mother is open but also very skeptical and wants to be completely convinced before committing to anything. And Diego is adorable, he is the most open of everyone. During the first lesson he didn´t really make any comments or ask any questions or anything, but at the end when we invited them to come to church, he was the first to say, "I want to go!" And when we were arranging a day to come again, he told us, "Don´t come on Tuesday, because I won´t be here on Tuesday." I love this family!

Also, Manuel now has come to church 3 weeks in a row, and he is getting very very excited to be baptized in April!

Well, to end I just want to share with you my scripture of the week:

"33 Wherefore, be not weary in welldoingfor ye are laying the foundation of great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.
 34 Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and willing mind; and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days." -D&C 64:33-34
There is so much I could say about this scripture and how it has helped me, but I don´t have time, so I´ll just settle by saying that I know that this is the work of the Lord, truly a great work. And I really do know that it is the small things, the every-day diligence, the small acts of faith, that bring about the great miracles.
I love you all! Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment